Somalisa Camp can be found in the heart of Hwange National Park. The park is known as ‘the land of the giants’ as it is home to numerous large herds of elephants. The elephants often frequent Somalisa and especially love coming for a drink from the elephant pool in front of Camp.
Somalisa Expeditions offers one of the most authentic ways to experience the exceptional wildlife haven of Hwange National Park. Nestled under an incredible grove of acacia trees, along the edge of a seasonal flood plain, Somalisa Expeditions is perfect for your Zimbabwe adventure.
The warm heart of Zimbabwe, Hwange National Park is home to Somalisa Acacia where you’ll experience an epic family safari adventure. The camp offers family-focused tents with interconnecting walkways and connecting bedrooms, creating an ‘under-one-roof feeling’ and comfort for the whole family.
Unwind on the upper deck lounge under the shade of a mahogany tree or relax next to the splash pool and enjoy Kanga – the old Africa in a new era in Mana Pools. Kanga Pan is the only permanent water source for a 15km radius and teems with wildlife, especially in the dry season, creating the perfect setting for Kanga’s famous ‘Armchair Safaris’.
Our Mana Pools safari lodge is set in one of the wildest and most remote parts of Africa, on the banks of the Zambezi, one of the world’s oldest rivers. Here, your Mana Pools safari plays out against a sweeping riverine landscape, where epic encounters of the giants that roam this land await.
The perfect luxury safari experience for families. Consisting of 2 tented suites and 2 family suites nested under ancient mahogany trees on the lush shores of the mighty Zambezi River, the camp has been designed with style and serenity in mind. Here, guests are able to experience the raw power of nature when canoeing down the Zambezi River, or watch a wildlife extravaganza unfold on game drives.
Nestled between the Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park, Linyanti is a rich yet diverse ecosystem that is fed by a permanent river flow. At the core of this wildlife haven is Linyanti Ebony, this intimate camp is made up of just four tents making it perfect for a more private and family-oriented safari lodge experience.
Botswana’s zebra migration sees zebras return to the Nxai Pan area every year during the December to March months. The area is also known for its herds of springbok, desert-adapted elephants, giraffe, oryx and wildebeest. Explore the area with morning and afternoon game drives, including a trip out to see the well known Baines Baobabs.
At Linyanti Bush Camp, in the Chobe Enclave, open floodplains, dense forests and papyrus-lined lagoons protect and provide shelter for the vitality and lifeblood of the area. The Linyanti marshes are one of the most sought-after destinations in Northern Botswana, boasting a great diversity of game and a peaceful atmosphere.
Located on a quiet stretch of the mighty Zambezi River, upstream from Victoria Falls. Begin your honeymoon in style, enjoy a guided visit to the picturesque Vic Falls, relax on a sunset cruise or track protected rhinos on foot, you can even ease into your getaway with a full body massage at the in-house spa – Thorntree offers you a range of options, the choice is yours.
Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, African Bush Camps has made special provision for amendments of bookings as follows:
1. The below conditions are only applicable to bookings confirmed on or after the 26th February 2020 and for travel up until 31st March 2021.
2. Should the traveller not feel comfortable travelling on the dates already booked with African Bush Camps due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the traveller may amend the booking by moving it forward by up to 15 months, at the same 2020 rates, subject to point 3. below AND EXCLUDING ANY LAST MINUTE SPECIAL OFFERS (see point 4). This offer is applicable to all bookings, and is not dependent on the World Health Organization (WHO) issuing travel restrictions.
3. Should the dates of the amended booking fall in a season where higher rates are applicable, the traveller shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the season rate of the original booking and the season rate of the new booking.
4. The above does not apply to last minute specials. Should the traveller book on last minute special rates the traveller will have to travel up until the end of March 2021.. Alternatively the traveller will be liable to pay the difference between the 2020 and the 2021 rates.
5. Bookings may be amended free of charge up to 14 calendar days prior to the date on which the booking begins. If a client wishes to amend a booking less than 14 days prior to the date of travel, then standard African Bush Camps T&C’s and cancellation fees shall apply.
6. Any outright cancellations of bookings due to the Coronavirus outbreak will carry standard African Bush Camps cancellation fees. Clients are advised to claim a refund from their personal travel insurance.
7. Likewise, in the event that the World Health Organization issues advisories against travelling to a country where a Client has a booking with African Bush Camps, clients are advised to claim a refund from their personal travel insurance.
8. Please note that the terms set out above are subject to availability and apply only to bookings with African Bush Camps and not with any third parties.
9. Bookings can only be amended once.
10. African Bush Camps reserves the right to make changes to the above policy from time to time and to notify all of such changes.